Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Great Architect of the Universe

I did this a long time ago, just looking for someplace to put it. I built the Square and compasses myself, and overlaid a few Hubble telescope images underneath. The logo in the side was something I started for my lodge that never really went anywhere, because nobody but me was interested at the time.

Around the time I started working on this I really started to get a sense of the widespread impact of Freemasonry on faith. If we acknowledge that all faiths are worthy of consideration into Freemasonry, then we accept that our various faiths are just different paths to connect us with the divine. That was really what prompted me to again begin learning about other religions and the teachings. I feel more freemasons need to point out what brings us together in common than what separates us, and faith is as good a place to start as any.


1 comment:

JMSIII said...

Not a Freemason, but i like seeing someone with a similar understanding of our different faiths. If all Freemasons think that way, I would love to here what any of you would have to say on the topic.